Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What is on your bedside table?

The latest challenge from blogthis. I have not done one in a while due to market busy bee-ness so here goes..

Due to little mimoo still getting into everything I have just 2 books on my bedside table, as pre baby years I used to keep everything but the kitchen sink on my bedside table so now I am very minimal (bedside table and everywhere else in the house for that matter!)


Summer at Tiffany by Marjorie Hart

I have blogged about this book before but it has pride of place on my table as I just adore it and it is also the kind of book where you can just read a chapter here and there. It is a real story also of one young woman who moved to New York City one university summer during the second world war. Marjorie and a girlfriend were the first women to be given a job on the floor at the prestigious Tiffany & Co on Fifth Avenue due the shortage of male sales assistants being away at war.  It is a great story of times gone by and a must read for those who love all things vintage and old worldly (is this a real word?).

2 comments:

KH said...

It sounds like a book I would love!

dixiebelle said...

Sounds like something I would also like to escape into...

Blog this

Blog this
Come along and join in the fun!
 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design