Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stepping back or stepping out????

We here at mimoo HQ have decided to close our Etsy and madeit stores for a wee while to concentrate on this 

and this


As I am sure some of you will agree with me, running an online business where you are the designer and manufacturer etc,  it is unbelievably time/life consuming and I am feeling that it is taking over my life and that of little mimoo. 

I love being a stay at home mum but lately there has been alot of babysitting being done by the live in nanny called Foxtel,which is something I vowed I would never do.  As Naomi over at Thula Thula recently posted about, finding time to balance everything out is proving difficult for me too, due to little mimoo having extremely erratic sleep times. I just dont know how everyone does it and I only have one child!  Since I started mimoo on etsy times have moved just so quickly, with facebook, twitter, blogging all requiring daily updates on top of just the general day to day housekeeping with your online stores.

I just think I need to take some time out to recharge, do some exercise, have lunch out occasionally with mr mimoo and some friends when I am baby free and not madly rushing around running mimoo errrands, but more importantly taking time to enjoy my scrumptious little mimoo as many people tell me in a blink of an eye she will be off to school and will be refusing to hold my hand...kill me now....

I would be interested in hearing how other people do it???? I will still be blogging almost daily but just with new interesting topics as I have a few new projects on the boil..... and before you ask no, I am not pregnant and I will still be doing the monthly Boutique Markets over at portside and joining the lovely ladies of BrisStyle for upcoming events just not the online stuff for a couple of months. 

sorry epic post is now over I just wanted to put this in writing more for myself to re-read back on in the weeks to come when I get twitchy fingers!

6 comments:

Blanche said...

Oh, I hear you. Just yesterday i thought, what am i doing? Poor babies are running around the house and I haven't even given them a cuddle! That's scary.
Take your time out, never feel guilty, life is so hectic and we aren't supermums.
While miss 2 1/2 no longer sleeps during the day and master 1 has cat naps, I do find it hard to fit everything in. I love being a mum, I love making a little clothes, but I never want it to rule me.
Trust me one or two kids, it's the same work, I can't use the TV as a babysitter forever. oh how taboo. Have a lovely break!

admin said...

Enjoy being a Mum & the extra cuddles you will be able to enjoy - guilt free :) It is hard to balance everything, but as you say these years go so quickly.

Hot Fudge said...

You have just made the wisest decision possible. Take it from an expert - blinking should be avoided at all costs. The first one sends them off to school, the second they're at Uni. And the third blink? They're married with children of their own. Scary stuff, eh? So tape those eyes open and enjoy every moment. How I envy you - stay with BrisStyle though!

Mookah Studio said...

I am reading your blog for the first time, found you via Faith, Hope and...

I am not a mother but I know my sister who has an 18th old, feels JUST like you do. We started a crafty small business back in March. I thinkk everyone else is probably just like you, struggling to juggle all those balls but trying to do the best you can to spread yourself around to everyone and everything. Keep your chin up, you're supposed to be enjoying it all, not stressing about it.

Maybe I'll send my big sis over to say g'day too.

Anonymous said...

Not stepping back, or stepping out, but stepping in the right direction! I know how hard it is to juggle all those roles and not feel guilty about at least one of them (and not wear yourself out in the process)! Just make sure you prioritise the role of 'being you' - it sounds like you have taken stock and doing the things that make you feel happiest the most about. Making those decisions are hard - you've taken steps that most of us still do not have the courage to do. And that's awesome.

Anonymous said...

Not stepping back, or stepping out, but stepping in the right direction! I know how hard it is to juggle all those roles and not feel guilty about at least one of them (and not wear yourself out in the process)! Just make sure you prioritise the role of 'being you' - it sounds like you have taken stock and doing the things that make you feel happiest the most about. Making those decisions are hard - you've taken steps that most of us still do not have the courage to do. And that's awesome.

Blog this

Blog this
Come along and join in the fun!
 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design