Thursday, June 4, 2009

What would you invent?




Whoops I am a day late with Challenge 2 from so blog this but thought I would post it anyway! I was trying to think of something other than inventing a system to pick up the dirty clothes in our basket and wash them and put them back in my wardrobe or invent something to vaccum and mop your floors 'bewitched' style but decided to go on a serious note.

My invention is 2 fold , the first one being a electronic device that is placed at the top of the rear view mirror and scans the amount of people that are in a car and if it is overloaded the engine will not start and the second is a device that is placed on every traffic light in australia and it zaps a signal to a speeding car that automatically cuts the power to a cars engine that is speeding! 

I hope I have not lost you but my inventions will try and combat the road toll here in Australia. It is truly terrifying the amount of young kids that pile into cars on evenings out and speed through our streets. I was watching the news the other night and they were reporting on yet another high speed crash that killed a young girl who was a overloaded passenger and they reported that over 80% of all road fatalities are between the ages of 17-25 years. That is a very high percentage and a heartbreaking statistic.  Having a family member that was killed in a road accident a long time ago I can speak of the utter devastation that it plays amongst the families of the deceased and I know there is no much education in schools these days about driving safety but it does not seem to be working sadly..... well that would be my invention. I will get off my soap box now.....

0 comments:

Blog this

Blog this
Come along and join in the fun!
 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design